Music Lessons: Jazz Improvisation
Level One (You will learn . . . )
- Theme and variations.
- The 12 bar blues: Chord progressions and blues scales.
- Mixolydian and Dorian scales and their compatible chords
- Song forms and common harmonic progressions
- Diminished and Whole Tone scales and chords
- A repertoire of improvisational standards
Level Two (You will learn . . . )
- Altered blues progressions
- Locrian, Phrygian, and altered scales
- Jazz Voicings, altered chords, and alternative options for standard harmonic progressions
- Other advance techniques: walking bass lines, polyrhythms, comping styles, nonharmonic tones, etc.