Music Lessons: Applied Music Theory
Choosing an instrument
- You will need basic acquaintance with an instrument that plays both melody and harmony such as a keyboard or a guitar or something similar.
- Major, minor, chromatic, whole tone, diminished.
- Major, minor, diminished, triads
- 7ths, 9ths, 11ths 13ths
Triadic and other inversions
- The 12--bar blues: an introduction to improvisation
- ‘Rhythm’ changes
- AABA and other common song forms
Modes (Dorian, Mixolydian, etc) and compatible chords
*Recordings on CD’s or cassette tapes (your choice) accompany each level of instruction.